Traveling With Controlled Drugs?

Do you know that when you travel with meds that contain controlled drugs you need to take some extra caution?

In this post, we are going to discuss what needs to be done if you are under medication and suspect that it contains controlled drugs.

Although some meds with controlled drugs can be ordered online, Hier klicken um weiter zu kommen, it is always best to be sure before you embark yourself on a journey so that you have enough to last you on the days of your travel.

Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you suspect that the meds you take have elements of controlled drugs.

Prescription from your doctor

If your doctor confirmed this, you will need to carry with you proof that the meds you carry are prescribed to you. So while you are at your doctor’s clinic, get a prescription to prove that you are on meds for your conditions. You don’t want to miss out on this travel, therefore you will have to complete the requirements needed. So get a letter along with the prescription as well.

You have to obtain a written letter from the doctor who gave you the prescription for the medicine. You will need this at the border or at the country of destination.

The letter must have the following in the content:

  • Name
  • Country you are visiting and date range of visit
  • A list of the meds you carry, dosage and strength
  • Signature, contact information of the person who prescribed the meds.

Traveling with Prescription Medications

Get a license to carry meds with controlled drugs

You will have to apply for this license if you are traveling for more than 3 months and if you are carrying a number of controlled drugs that will last you for 3 months.

Apply for a license from the Food and Drug administration of your country. Fill out an application form and send it back to them along with the prescription and the letter coming from your doctor.

Application should be done at least 10 days before your scheduled travel. Or earlier if you anticipate that the process may take longer in your country.

If you need help with your application, contact the FDA for assistance.