Travelling to the United Arab Emirates provides you an opportunity to experience a striking society. Traditionalism blends with modernization where despite of advanced technology, tradition is well observed among their citizens.
Discover United Arab Emirates
UAE is a wonderful place to travel. Get to see UAE’s major cities and find out what this country has in store for travelers like you. There are 7 major cities in UAE as follows:
- Abu Dhabi
- Umm Al Quwain
- Ra’s al Khaymah
The biggest major city is Abu Dhabi. Dubai is the most popular and tagged as among their major tourist destination.
UAE – Quick Overview
- Regular work days. Entrepreneurs and business people dedicate half of their day to work on Thursdays. Don’t expect to see them on the streets on Saturdays as most of them spend the day working. If you have some things to accomplish on a Friday, note that business establishments are not open on Friday mornings but they open in the afternoons and evenings. This is when you will see many locals out and about.
- Ramadan. When you are on a visit during Ramadan, note that restaurants are not open in day time. Offices and other establishments close in the afternoon. Fasting period comes to a break at sunset in a meal they call iftar. You may be in luck to find establishments open from eight in the evening to midnight.
- Transportation in UAE. Public transportation is available in the country. You will can opt to ride the bus, take a taxi, or opt for water travel. There are also trains to bring you to specific drop off spots and then take a taxi to take you at your specific destination.
- International airport. UAE’s major international airport is in Dubai. There are layovers in the city for those who are on connecting flights to Africa and Asia. This is an opportunity to quickly see what the city has without having to purchase additional plane ticket.
- UAE beaches are remarkably clean and it is perhaps among the spots you wouldn’t want to miss. If you are looking for a place to snorkel and dive with warm and clear water, you may want to visit the Indian Ocean. The beaches can be filled with tourists but there are some that are almost isolated. Note that wearing a bathing suit in UAE beaches is not a good idea.
Take time to travel and explore a city where culture and modernization blends well together. In the midst of a highly modernized city, where children may be playing clash of clans and on the look-out of unlimited coc gem, there still remains time dedicated in upholding their great tradition and culture.