Are you visiting Japan and wondering how much it would cost you to stay for a day?
We have put together this blog to help you come up with a realistic budget depending on your days of stay in Tokyo. Japan is a wonderful place to visit and you will be surprised at how cheap can food be. But you will have to do a thorough research to make your budget fit your travel plans.
Travel to Japan For Cheap
Not unless if you have an offshore bank account in Japan, you will have to be financially prepared for your trip. This will lessen the worry and just have more time enjoying what Japan has to offer.
Here are a few tips to know how much money you should bring with you.
- Research on affordable hotels for a single person, for two, or for a family of five.
- Research on food prices. Plan your meals ahead and know which restaurant you should have your meals.
- Research the places you want to go. If you want to visit Tokyo Disneyland, find out how much are entrance fees, for adults and children.
- Plan an itinerary to know if you need to purchase a JR rail pass. Set aside budge for subways, trains and buses if you need to.
- You will most likely want to bring home a few souvenirs. Make a budget for souvenirs and stick to it.
- Bring with you a credit card. This is just for emergency use.
We want to be prepared for anything and being financially equipped will save us from such emergencies.
So before you actually book a flight and pack your things for the trip, make sure you have done enough research to help you get by with a few nifty dollars in your pocket.
If you are travelling on a budget, here are a few facts you may want to know.
Accomodation. You will get to spend around Y7,000 yen a night in budget chain hotels like Toyoko and Mystays. Hostel dorm beds may cost you around Y3000 yen a night.
Meals. Good news is that there are a lot of affordable food options in Japan. Sukiya at 500 to 1000 yen, ramen at 800 to 1000 yen, sushi at 100 yen found at conveyor belt sushi, and yoshinoya too which is also at 500 to 1000 yen.
Free Sights. Consider walking at the Senso-ji temple located in Asakusa, visit the viewing deck at Tokyo Metropolitan, have walk at Shibuya, visit the Imperial Palace Gardens, walk around Ueno Park and Akihabara.